Before Jesus returned to Heaven, He commanded Christians to reach people with the Gospel, encourage them to get baptized, and disciple them in their new Christian life (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15). The book of Acts describes the process adopted by the early church in fulfilling the Great Commission. Highlights of the process include:
- Preaching the Gospel – Peter preached at Pentecost and 3,000 people trusted Christ as Savior. (Acts 2)
- Door to Door Visitation – The apostles visited “in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.” (Acts 5:42)
- Meeting Prospects – God arranged a divine appointment for Philip to witness to the Ethiopian eunuch. (Acts 8:26-39)
- Baptism – After salvation, “they that gladly received his word were baptized.” (Acts 2:41)
- Church Membership – After baptism, “The Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” (Acts 2:47)
- Discipleship – The apostles gave themselves “continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word… And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly.” (Acts 6:4,7)
Advances in technology make it possible to effectively manage outreach activity using a software application, however the Biblical process must be supported intrinsically by such a solution. The Outreach component of Shining Light Technologies web-based church management software solution provides the church with the tools to effectively fulfill the Great Commission based on Biblical guidelines.
Shining Light Technologies provides a low cost web based church management software package that is geared towards churches that are trying to fulfill the Great Commission. For more information, contact email@example.com or visit ShiningLightTech.com.