To send an email without formatting, use the broadcast messaging feature built into the Shining Light Technologies software.
To send a broadcast email with graphics (e.g. banner) and custom formatting, download a copy of the roster and compose the broadcast email using your local email program:
- Go to Groups
- Select Rosters
- Select the desired Group
- Download the Roster (Excel file)
- Sort on the email column so that valid email addresses are separated from empty/invalid entries
- Copy and paste the email addresses into the email BCC. Copy and paste 50 at a time since some email programs can’t handle too many email addresses at once
Follow these general tips for sending broadcast email messages:
- Bcc everyone to avoid reply-alls and to avoid email addresses getting in the wrong hands.
- Avoid large attachments. Post large files to your web server and send a link instead.
- Minimize frequency. Infrequent meaningful emails are more welcome than frequent trivial emails.